Thursday, May 5, 2011

Knight Can't Block Google Reader, by Oatmeal Joey Arnold of TOL TheologyOnline.

With oatmeal in my bowl, is Jesus in your soul?

With oatmeal in my bowl, is Jesus in your soul?

Ignore me. Or just ban me. It is so easy to ban people. Not like they'll just ever co

Ignore me. Or just ban me. It is so easy to ban people. Not like they'll just ever come back to haunt you ever again.

Knight, still think you can ban effin freakin Oatmeal Joey Arnold?

Knight, still think you can ban effin freakin Oatmeal Joey Arnold?

Don't Ban Oatmeal Joey Arnold of Theologyonline.

Don't threaten Oatmeal Joey Arnold. Don't just throw him off Theologyonline without warning him. Give him a clear warning. Tell him, either to remove the video within 48 hours or you will be removed, no questions asked. I would not respect the reasoning, necessarily, behind why you would want a nice Jesus video to be removed, but I would at least know the so-called consequences. I would simply removed the video or myself within the parameters given.

Can you ban me, Oatmeal Joey Arnold GYJO TOL Theology Online?

If you can ban me, then why am I still here? Like I said, you will regret if you don't bring me back. That is a threat. You can't get rid of me. Bring me back or else. Why do you think you can get rid of me, when I keep on coming back? You keep blocking IP addresses & even disabled register, and yet here I still am. Joey effin Arnold has beat Knight at his own hammer games. Your hammer is gone. Please give up & apologize & bring back the Joey Arnold. The JoeyArnold of TOL I may subscribe, Knight, if you do. Can you ban me, Oatmeal Joey Arnold GYJO TOL Theology Online? http://theologyonlineforum.blogspot.com. 503.367.4695. joeyarnold7@ymail.com. http://facebook.com/joeyarnold. http://youtube.com/ojawall.



What is Christian Music

Do you listen to Christian music? What is Christian music, anyways? What makes Christian music Christian? Can music get saved?

Is Christian music Christian if it's parents are Christians? The parents to music are the creators, the songwriters, artists, inventors, singers, musicians, players, DJs, etc. The assumption is that if the songwriter is Christian then the song, the music, the lyrics, the tones, the melody, the piece, the instruments, the record, the CD, the iPod, the radio, the album, then automatically are (or magically become) Christian, too, just because it was made by Christian rappers (like Lecrae), pop artist/actress Rebecca St. James, etc., or just because it was released by a Christian label, record, company, or whatever.

Generally speaking, Christian artists usually only produce Christian music, to some extent. The assumption is that Christians only make Christian music and that others can't produce Christian music, ever. I believe that in the beginning God created everything, including us. God created us with the ability to songwrite, to create, to invent, to be creative. When God created everything, God said it was good. God also created freewill. Adam did what we would have done. Adam did what we all do. We all sin and fall short of the glory of God. We can't make it on our own. All our righteousness are as filthy rags. Being Christian means depending on God. We depend on God. We have to depend on God. Adam had to depend on God. There are consequences to sin. Adam & Eve were kicked out of the Garden for sinning. God does forgive sin. God got this animal. God was the first coat maker. I'm not sure if God killed a bear or what. But God gave us the ability to create. We were made in His image. There's a possibility that what we create can be good. The world was cursed after the fall of mankind, but God is still here, Jesus is still alive, grace is still abounding, mercy is still around, & so is forgiveness. God created us, & only through Him, can we be saved. God created everything & said it was good. It is only because of that or only though Him can we be good. Likewise, it is only through God, that what we create can be good, too.

I know that they found Osama Bin Laden, but it's not the end of the world, yet (or ever). We are to be in the world (we are to be lights, salt) but not of the world. The world isn't completely ruined, evil, destroyed. Take a look at a sunshine, rainbow, nature, animal, children, the purity in a laughter, the seven wonders of the world (if there are any), dinosaurs, look at the stars, look at the earth from space, talk to a friend, or watch a miracle unfold, because it's tough to say that "God doesn't exist, care, or does anything." God's grace, mercy, forgiveness, light, love, joy, hope, miracles, is out there, since He works in mysterious ways, since God is good all the time and all the time God is good.

If you can still find the glory of God in the mist of a dark dying world where you least expect it, then don't be surprise if you also see God in a so-called secular song. I am not condoning or marketing propaganda that says, "Throw Christian music, hymns, praise, worship, songs, albums, records, jingles, children songs, Sunday School songs, camp songs, all into the trash, the garbage, because you might see Jesus or God in Family Guy, or because an extra on a Lady Gaga video sort of looks like God or Jesus or Apostle Paul or something good like that." I am not exactly saying that secular music is good. But I don't exactly want to say that secular music is always completely void of possible potential usefulness. Music is a tool. A song can motivate behavior. Watch out for lyrics, first of all. Second, watch out for the tones, melody, which could change your mood for that particular day.

I like listening to a little bit of everything, including Lincoln Hawk songs. Salvation Army need to get him back into playing for WYI again. I do listen to Christian music, too. I am not really talking smack against it. I am just posting a warning about it. Not all Christian music is that good. Sometimes they just try sounding secular. Sometimes they are too lazy or too scared to sound real or dangerous. Christian music sometimes lack depth or connection, or the ability to talk about all the issues. I aspire to become an artist myself. Pray that I don't make the same mistakes that many artists make. I like some Christian artists, including Toby Mac (who looks like Fulton Hawk), Kirk Franklin, Rebecca St. James, Jars of Clay, Newsboys, DC Talk, etc.

Christian music is suppose to be the best. If you take my favorite secular songs & turn them into cover or parody Christian songs, I would probably change to them, the alter versions because I would rather only listen to Christian music, because I'm Christian. With that said, most of my favorite songs are secular (whatever that means). By the way, just to say it again, when people say the word "Christian Music," or "Secular Music," I usually just want to say to them, "What? What is Christian? What is secular? What are you talking about? I am so confused. They can mean so many different things & it all depends."

I listen to music that either people think are Christian or music that really are Christian, secretly, under the radar.

I love a little bit of everything, & I hate almost a little bit of everything, Christian or not, secular or not, from all genres, including the indie genre, which is often overlooked, & it includes some rock, rap, pop, country, disco, blues, etc. It includes Michael Jackson, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Beyonce, Eminem, Usher, Shakira, iJustine (who isn't even a singer), Justin Timberlake, Justin Bieber, Gwen Stefani, Brittany Spears, Madonna, Ke$ha, Barenaked Ladies, Disney songs, TV show songs, movie songs, children songs, camp songs, Beach Boys, Monkees, Beattles, Elvis, Janet Jackson, Lil Wayne, Josh Groban, Smash Mouth, Nicki Minaj, Katy Perry, Alanis Morissette, Alicia Keys, Avril Lavigne, Pink Floyd, Fred (on YouTube), Europe, Lisa Presley, Lil Bow Wow, Dr. Dre, Snoop Dog, Soulja Boy, Weird Al, Eve, Taylor Swift, Newsies, Bob Marley (for you Hawaiians out there), Oatmeal Joey Arnold (that's me, just throwing this one out there), Jeff Walters, Sawyer Frye, parodies, musicals, covers, High School Musical, Spongebob, Sesame Street, Barney, Aladdin, the Wicked musical, Power Rangers songs, songs about funny things, Aqua, dancing songs, MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, Backstreet Boys, Nsync, inSync, Joey Lawrence, wow, donuts on sticks, Green Day, Madalina, Pink, Kanye West, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Sugarland, Red Hot Chili Peppers, the Picard song, Basshunter, Nintendo songs, techno, electronic, Japanese cartoon music, Boxxy, Lincoln Hawk, Gungor, the fat Numa Numa glasses boy man, Three Doors Down, the little Obama Girl, Chris Brown, Lenka, Lil Moma, Cyndi Lauper, Akon, Jay Sean, Black Eyed Girls, my brown eyed girl song, Bjork's Human Behavior song, Chris Tucker, Christina Aguilera, Clay AIken, Saquille O'Neil, Mariah Carey, Keyshia Cole, Natasha Bedingfield, Nelly Furtado, Nelly's Hot in Here, Celine Dion, Mandy Moore, SNL (Saturday Night Live or Life) parody songs, the SNL song Like a Boss, Natalie Portman on SNL, something in a box, Sarah Silverman's song about Matt Damon, Jimmy Kimmel's song about Ben Afleck, Adam Sandler's Growing Old With You, Robin Williams, Grease, Regina Spektor, Pussycat Dolls, Spice Girls, Ne Yo, Inna, Shania Twain, Baha Men, OutKast, Leona Lewis, Bruno Mars, Matt Kurtz, Kelly Clarkson, Aerosmith, Jessie J, Linkin Park, Jamie Foxx, Ciara, Vanessa Carlton, Ray Charles, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Julie Andrews, sock puppet accounts, John Lennon, Amy Reardon (just seeing if you're actually reading this or not, so wake up if you're not), the Upper Room, Dixie Chicks, Eagles, Crosby, etc. You get the point. I listen to everything & nothing all at the same time.

Only listen to music that will make you into the kind of person that God wants you to be. PS. I don't actually have an iPod. If I did, I'd have dance, party, pop, music, including the artists in the last paragraph & in a playlist I made on YouTube. Music is a tool. Only use it with a purpose.



Where in the DoubleStroking Oatmeal is Osama Bin Laden?

Where in the DoubleStroking Oatmeal is Osama Bin Laden?




Samstarrett's POTD 4-20-11

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoeyArnold (Post 2641152)
Saved means being in the presence of God. Unsinning means being holy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by csuguy (Post 2641383)
I suggest you stick with the vocabulary everyone else uses rather than making up your own - else you are just speaking gibberish as far as everyone else is concerned.

:first:

A lesson many posters here could stand to take to heart, Robert Pate.

No comments:

Post a Comment